Thursday, May 1, 2014

So NOTHING is getting done tonight.

I have my Women in Lit final tomorrow and I can tell you right now that there will be absolutely no studying for it. Unless you can count scrolling through the archives of the AfterEllen tumblr. I mean, gay lady stuff is sort of like feminism right? Absolutely right. 

After about an hour of that, I thought I'd throw a blog entry into the mix. This is basically me writing so I don't have to read anything. I'm realizing how much I enjoy writing as a form of expression. Now the delicate line of "how much should I really say about myself in the internet" needs to be more carefully monitored, but I think I have a good grasp on how far is too far. 

So I graduate in a week and a day.

I also nearly left my cap, gown, cords, and "you pulled off a high GPA" certificate in the Aldi packing area. This adequately demonstrates the responsibility with which I enter the adult world. 

Save for that anecdote, I have no actual idea where this blog is going. Hopefully you're reading this as some sort of study break so the lack of thoughtfulness and quality won't actually matter too much.   

Ok. So I love lists. And after a few paragraphs that all dead ended pretty quickly, lists seem like the answer. So yeah. That's what's going to happen here. 

List The First: My Plans Post Graduation. 
Because everyone asks and nobody knows. 

1. Continue paying rent, bills, grocery, and the occasional night out. All other monetary needs are negotiable. 
2. Do art. I know I said I was taking a break for the summer. And that is still the case mostly. Because a full time job is real important right now. I do not expect to get paid for art, but I sure as hell expect to keep doing it. 
3. Work full time somewhere. 

List The Second: Things I'm Scared About Post Graduation. 
1. Not seeing people. I tend to air on the side of hermit. I will actively combat this with every muscle in my body. 
2. Not dancing every week. Girl cannot afford to spend $20 a week on dance. Girl does not like that. 
              2.5 Not singing every week. Girl just got her head voice together. So. Much. Work. 
3. Not getting a full time job. I'm not going to elaborate. 
4. Having a full time job, but not being able to make time for art. 
5. Having a full time job, and artistic fulfillment, but not having time for people. 
6. Not having a upass. And never actually finding my bike pump. 
7. Global Warming. Real talk. 
8. Homelessness. Or living in Humbolt Park. The lack of public transit. Just. ahhhhhh. 
9. Contracting some incurable disease. Ok. we've crossed the line of rational fears. If left unchecked, this list could absolutely go on forever. 

MMMmmm done with the lists. And should maybe actually do some of my assigned readings. 

I also acknowledge the absolute garbageness of this entry. When I've slept more and find my feet firmly planted on the ground, I'll come up with some sentimental college years reflection type deal. But in the heat of it, this is all you're getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment